Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Self Evaluation: Why You Need To Store Your Mistakes

I've said this before, but it bears repeating. Store thine mistakes. Let me tell you how deleting your mistakes is about the biggest time waster ever.

I made a presentation in San Francisco last late last year. The presentation went well. Yet I knew that I could do so much better. If I were torate myself, I'd give myself a 4 on a total of 10.

A week later, I made the same presentation in Chicago. And the presentation went like a charm. I was struggling with a bad coughand cold and a bit of exhaustion. Yet the presentation was easily one of the best I've ever made.

And if you know me well, you'll know that I record every thing. Soboth presentations were well and truly recorded for posterity.Perhaps for sale :). What would you do with the not-so good presentation? You'd delete it, wouldn't you?

I wouldn't if I were you. You see I'm going to put both the presentations together on two CDs. One will be the not-so good presentation. The next one CD will contain the good presentation.And the transcripts to follow will indicate why one presentation turned out so much better than the other.

The trick is in remembering that everything, yes everything you do has immense value. It's easy to forget this powerful principle and erase your mistakes. Quickly cover your tracks and hope no one notices.

Nah. Don't do that. Store thine mistakes. Mistakes are mo*ney inthe bank.

By-Sean D'Souza- Brain Auditor :)

©2001-2005 Psychotactics Ltd. All Rights Reserved.Wouldn't you love to stumble upon a secret library of smallbusiness ideas? Find simple, yet electrifying ideas, on copywriting, publicspeaking, marketing strategies, sales conversion, psychological tactics and branding. Head down to http://www.psychotactics.com today and judge foryourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home